Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where has summer gone?

I can not believe that it is the middle of August and summer is almost gone already. My only guess is that I have been so busy that I lost a season here.

The new book is out and is doing FAB- I have been busy doing PR for the new book "Autism is a Four Letter Word: LOVE". Between book signings,interviews, conferences and scheduling for this fall --radio & TV talk shows life has been busy. Keep in mind that Mike is home for the summer and we have no help. Jim and I work opposite schedules so one of us is home with him at all times. Summers are stressful for all of us in our home...Mike included.

I had a fantastic time at the Project Lifesaver International Conference in Indianapolis, IN in July. They laid out the red carpet for several of we speakers. What I can say is this- what a top notch group of dedicated people. The Project Lifesaver International group leaves a lasting impression on all who are fortunate to meet them and learn from them. To the many members of Law Enforcement that I had the distinct pleasure to socialize with-- my hats off to all of you!! Many doors of opportunity are opened while chatting in a small group. I meet some very "grand" women and men who save lives everyday. To the helicopter pilots to the instructors to the men who organize the equipment to those that develop special relationships with those that are vulnerable, those that put on that uniform every day and search for our loved ones- thank you for your time, talents, dedication and patience. I find that thank you seems so small with the large scope of what they do everyday. I also am reminded over and over again from them is this.......they ask for nothing in return...a heartfelt thank you means just that- it touches their heart that we are grateful and love them for what they do. With that said-
** THANK YOU**

To the kind man who followed me outside and shared a special story and gave me 2 law enforcement pins from his county- 1 for Mike and 1 for me. Thank you- I enjoyed your story and Mike loves the pin.

To Bob from Florida, you have your hands full, and in the brief time we spent talking, you are the man for the job. I would love to come to Florida and see your team in action. Let's set that up.

To the many, many people who stopped to talk, have a book signed or a photo taken. It was my honor, not yours. My web man will be adding some of the photos. My assistant only took a few for me and I know many were taken with people. Feel free to email them, I would love to add them to the website.

My website is having another overhaul this fall. I am contacted so often by parents of special needs children about the tracking devices. What states and counties have them, who to talk to... I plan to have a page on my website with as much information that I have and can obtain for them. We will be breaking it down state by state and then the counties. We will add connecting websites, contact names and info. I have so much and got even more in Indianapolis from law enforcement agencies that wish to be added when complete. Please feel free to send me yours also to add. It will take some time to get it all together but we plan to devote much time this fall linking everything up..contact me or my assistant Susan via my website if needed.

I wish to say a quick "shout out" to Davey Hamilton from Indianapolis, IN. Davey is a INDY 500 racer that I had the chance to meet and chat with. Please get that book to your people from HP (his sponsor). I think about our chat everyday and am waiting for the phone to ring and open a door to new and exciting things for the autistic community.

Mike has had a great summer but is ready for school to begin again. He misses his friends and special teachers after this long break. Ryan our 20 year old has moved to Duluth, MN and will start college in a week and a half. He is living with several other young men in a big house off campus. We look forward to making many trips to see him this year.

Time continues to fly by and with that said, I must close this. It is a rare Sunday that we are not running or hosting guests. We live on the water and during the summer most weekends include house guest. We love to have them but it was a perfect time for a weekend alone. Dinner guest shall arrive in a few hours and I have much to do.

I thank you all who keep us close to your heart and continue to share your stories with me.

All my best to you until we chat again. Sooner then later, I am getting this blog thing down now and Mike shall go back to school and I will have a bit more time to give it the attention that it deserves.

Julie

No comments: